- 1 medium sweet potato
- ¼ jap pumpkin, seeded and cut into wedges
- 8 purple carrots, trimmed and scrubbed
- 1 bunch spring onions,
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 blanched almonds, toasted and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp fermented garlic and honey (see note)
- small handful purple sauerkraut
- 1 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- ½ cup labneh
Preheat a barbecue over medium heat.
Place the sweet potato straight on the barbecue grill plate and cook for 30 minutes, turning occasionally or until tender.
Place the pumpkin wedges, carrots and spring onions in a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, season to taste and toss to combine well. Place on the barbecue next to the sweet potato and cook the pumpkin for 25 minutes, the carrots for 15 minutes and the shallots for 5 minutes, turning occasionally or until all the veg are tender.
For the herb labneh, combine the dill and labneh in a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
Layer the vegetables and herb labneh in a bowl, add some pockets of kraut and sprinkle with almonds, pomegranate and fermented garlic honey.
To make fermented honey, place 6 cloves of peeled garlic in a jar and cover with honey, seal and stand in a cool dark place for 6 months.