- 2 kg green tiger prawns, peeled and cleaned
- 2 tbsp olive oil or melted butter
- Salt and pepper
- 4-6 white bread rolls
Chipotle cocktail sauce
- 235 g (1 cup) whole egg mayonnaise
- 2 ½ tsp prepared horseradish cream
- 60 ml (¼ cup) tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tbsp chipotle sauce or any other tabasco sauce
- Pinch of salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
Preheat a barbecue to high.
For the chipotle cocktail sauce, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate until needed.
Place the prawns in a bowl, drizzle with the oil or melted butter, season to taste and toss to coat well. Barbecue the prawns for 1 minute on each side or until just cooked through.
Split the rolls in half, divide the cooked prawns among them, then top with the cocktail sauce and you’re on your way to barbecued prawn sandwich heaven.